Sunday, August 5, 2012

Quick Weekend Pizza Base

This is a recipe I use a lot! Ok - it's not the most perfect, fluffy and light pizza base, but if you're in a hurry and you don't know what else to have for Sunday night dinner, this is the one I go to.



The recipe comes from a very old book given to me by my Nana when I was 12 years old.
Probably one of the original kids cook books from Alison Holst. Judging by the cover it looks like it was in conjunction with the tv programme, What Now - which is still running. And I had a friend who had that exat same sweatshirt that the girl on the cover is wearing.





Here's the recipe:

Quick Weekend Pizza Base

(I always double the original to make one base, so here is my version).

2 cups self-raising flour
4 TBSP oil
1/2 cup milk
Pinch of mixed herbs

Add the oil and milk to the self-raising flour. Mix to a dough and roll our into a circle or onto a pizza tray. Add toppings and back at 200degC for about 10 minutes.
What could be more simple than that!


No comments:

Post a Comment