Friday, March 22, 2013

Pisang Goreng (Fried Banana)



When I was living in Indonesia Pisang Goreng was one of my favourite treats.
I was so thrilled when a friend sent me the recipe. I tried it out and it's perfect. It takes a little bother but if you have a wok, it should be easier.

Pisang Goreng

1 1/4 cups flour
2 TBSP sugar
1/4 TBSP Vanilla powder
1/2 cup milk
1 egg
2 TBSP butter, melted
1 tsp rum flavouring
4 ripe bananas
2 cups oil for frying

In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and vanilla.
Make a well in the center, and pour in milk, egg, melted buter and rum flavouring.
Mix until smooth. Fold in banana slices until evenly coated.
Heat oil in a wok or deep-fryer to 190 degC.
Drop banana mixture by tablespoon into hot oil. Fry until golden brown and crispy, 10-15 minutes.
Remove bananas from oil, and drain on paper towels. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment